Being a Sustainable Festival
Welcome to our dance festival, a celebration of movement, rhythm, and connection set against the backdrop of environmental stewardship and social responsibility. FDFest & Moonlight Dancing provides a unique and inclusive space for dancers and enthusiasts of all backgrounds and abilities to come together, learn, and experience the transformative power of dance.
FDFest is committed to fostering an environment of sustainability, ensuring that we minimize our ecological footprint while supporting the local economy and promoting a sense of community.
We strive to
• Protect the environment by using renewable energy sources, providing recycling and composting facilities, and utilizing eco-friendly materials for food packaging and other supplies. Our festival encourages attendees to use public transportation, carpool, or bike to the event, helping to reduce carbon emissions. Hosting the festival within walking distance of the downtown core of Guelph helps us achieve this goal.
• Celebrate diversity and inclusivity by providing accessible facilities and offering a range of dance styles that cater to different preferences, abilities, and backgrounds. We partner with local nonprofits to promote social causes and ensure that our festival is open to everyone, regardless of their financial situation.
• Support the local economy by sourcing products and services from local vendors, employing local staff, and collaborating with local businesses and organizations. Our festival aims to create jobs and stimulate economic growth within the community.
What Can You Do?
- The most significant impact of this festival on the planet is how you get here and what you bring with you. Please aim to eliminate single use items from your packing list.
- The most significant impact of this festival on the planet is how you get here and what you bring with you
- Please carpool or ride a bike if you live in Guelph