FDFest Royal City
Saturday, June ?? (coming soon)
– 12 noon to 10:00pm. All are welcome
Welcome to the FDFest Royal City Park. This is the launch of the 2019 summer dance events hosted by the Flying Dance Community, with partnership and collaborations with several dance communities in the area, and sponsored by local businesses.
This year, we are celebrating 15 years of dancing in the outdoors (2004-2019), 15 years of learning and teaching one another about dance/life, meeting amazing people and hearing/seeing beautiful stories unfold in our dance community. The Flying Dance Community would like to thank the dancers and friends Guelph and the surrounding communities for all their support all these years, thank you!
FDFest Royal City starts at noon (Saturday, June 8th) with some music for social dancing, primarily Salsa & Merengue. We have workshops all afternoon, from 1:00 pm to 6:20 pm, performances followed by social dancing until 10:00 pm to Salsa, Bachata, Cha Cha, Kizomba and Merengue. All dance workshops are taught at a basic level, so everyone will leave the dance floor knowing how to dance at least one dance step.
The festival is held every year at the Royal City Park, close to downtown Guelph and along the Speed River. You will get to enjoy dance workshops taught by local dance schools and lots of social dancing in Music from around the world. Below are the details for the day. Please let us know if you have any question, thank you
12:00 – Festival Opens with music
1:00 – NEW Salsa Line Dancing Lesson (with Nico)
1:50 – Beginner Salsa
2:40 – Beginner Bachata
3:30 – Mini-Social / Lunch Break
4:20 – West Coast Swing
5:20 – Beginner Casino Rueda
6:30 – Performances
** Shades of Arab
** Jordana & Stefan
7:00ish – Social Dancing to Salsa, Bachata, Cha Cha, Kizomba, and more. Music by Dj Christiano
9:00ish – FDFest Guelph closes.
See you on Saturday & Sunday, August 3rd & 4th 2019, at FDFest Guelph Lake
The Royal City Park is a beautiful park located on 139 Gordon Street (downtown Guelph along the Speed River. Please see the map below for more details, thank you
What to Expect
- An afternoon overflowing with amazing dance music, dance workshops, yoga, fun with family, connections with new and old friends, connections, performances and social dancing
- A warm welcoming community that supports and inspires each other, celebrating our diversity, encourages each other as we navigate our lives on and off the dance floor!
- All workshops are taught at a beginner level by professional dance instructors from our community and beyond
- Beautiful June weather as we kick of our summer outdoor dance festival
- Good restaurants a minute or two from the park
- Your 1st ice cream desert for this summer
- Laughter all afternoon
What to Bring
- An open encouraging fun attitude toward
- Water bottle
- Lawn chairs or blanket to sit on / share with friends
- Sun screen
- Bug spray
- Hand towel
- Cooler with packed snacks / lunch / refreshments
- Change of tops / t-shirts (we love the summer heat, and one tends to sweat a lot when dancing)
- Change of shoes ~ depending on when you arrive, one ends up on their feet either dancing or hanging out with friends for 4 plus hours