FDFest is a one-of-a-kind festival that runs for 3 months every summer in Guelph. Our highlight for the festival is our Guelph Lake event that takes place on the August long weekend of every year. Please read through each page of the Festival Guide to understand unique details regarding Camping & Parking, What to Bring, and What to Expect. Also read through FAQ section, if your question is not answered+, please send us an email and we will get back to you.
- Two dance floors
– One dance floor is under the pavilion, where we set up our portable dance floor
– The 2nd dance floor is under a 20 by 20 feet tent where we will be dancing on the grass. We encourage attendees to dance either barefooted or with flat comfortable shoes
- Kids Cafe
We will host dance workshops for kids ages 6 – 15 yrs
- 14 different dance / movement workshops
Over the 2 day weekend, try out the many different dance styles taught from around the world.
- Drum circle
Hosted on Saturday and Sunday mid-afternoon during our lunch break
- Extensive walking trails
Take a break from dancing and explore the conservation area. Get a taste for being out in nature
- Overnight camping
- Dance and overnight camping for Saturday and Sunday night. Rest and relax on the Monday long weekend, and ease your way back into your work week
- Volunteer breakfast on Sunday morning
Join us on Sunday morning as we collectively prepare our morning breakfast together. You are welcome to bring breakfast food to share with everyone who stayed overnight with us
Guelph Lake is located on the eastern outskirts of Guelph
– One hour west from Toronto
– One hour East from London, Ontario
– 45 minutes north from Hamilton
Address: Guelph Lake Island, Guelph Lake Conservation Area
7743 Conservation Drive
Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1H 6J1
GPS Coordinates: 43.6058° N, 80.2567° W
There is a running clean water tap next to the pavilion, so please bring your own water vessel
Couple of option here:
1. Take a dip in the lake
2. Guelph Lake conservation area has running showers. You would have to leave the Island area to use them, so please keep your wrist band on in order to get back into the FDFest dance area
- First Aid / Medical
The team is available to assist with any first aid/medical situations that might arise. More details to follow……
Though the idea is to try and unplug from our daily lives, connecting with nature and each other by hosting an event in the outdoors, Guelph Lake area has good cell phone coverage.
- Info Booth / Lost & Found
Volunteers from our community will be there to help you navigate the festival, provide you information about the workshops and instructors teaching them. You will also find the Lost & Found at the Info Booth
All tickets to the FDFest Guelph Lake can either be purchased online, or at the gate.
- What about children?
Children under the age of 12 years attend FDFest for free
Discounted Teen tickets can be purchased at the gate
NOTE: All patrons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian at the time of arrival
- Will tickets be available for purchase at the festival gates?
- I bought a ticket and cannot attend. Can I get a refund? Can I transfer it to someone I gift/sell it to?
There are No refunds, exchanges, or credits for future years are available. However, we do encourage you to sell or gift your tickets if you are unable to attend.
- What happens if it rains or an act gets canceled or rescheduled?
FDFest will occur rain or shine, and all acts and schedules are subject to change without notice. In the unlikely case that the event is canceled, the ticket price will be refunded (minus service fees). In the event of cancellation or postponement, an email will be sent to the email address provided by you in the ordering process to notify you of the event status.
- Are Payment Plans available?
Unfortunately no, we don’t have any payment plans available
- How do I change the name on my ticket?
You can manage your tickets and parking passes through your EventBrite account, and for more information on changing the name on your tickets, please visit this link.
Thank you for choosing to join us for FDFest Guelph Lake. We are 100% sure that we will have a tremendous amount of fun dancing together.
As many of you know, all our FDFest events for the last 10 plus year have been primarily supported by the many volunteers who attend the Flying Dance Community’s events, dance artist from the area, from Hamilton, London, Toronto, and sponsorships from local businesses.
Little by little, we have grown into a solid dance community that loves to share the healing arts of dance with everyone around us. Thus, we are are a bigger family. And as we grow, as our community grows, our expenses have gone up as well.
To help manage those growing costs (list below), we decided to charge for only one of our events, FDFest Guelph Lake. The FDFest Kickoff in June (Royal City Park) will always remain free. Moonlight Dancing will also remain a ‘pay what you can’ event. (24 days of outdoor-summer dancing ~ rain or shine).
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. My cell: 519.830.0016. I, and we all look forward to seeing you over the long August weekend.
Nico & the FDFest/FDComm Team
FDFest Growing Expenses
- Park rentals (Royal City Park and Guelph Lake
- Portable washrooms
- Equipment rental
- And most important, artists fees